Health, Safety And Environmental Policy
In ASAS, we aim to carry out our productions with zero occupational and environmental accident by making our investments in human, information and technology with our sensitive approach and perception to the society, our employees and the environment.
With this belief, we agree, declare and commit;
- to comply with all legislations, administrative regulations, legal liabilities and standards in relation to Health, Safety and Environment in order to ensure and maintain the safe and healthy working environment,
- to take into consideration the health, safety and environmental effects of the technologies, raw materials and auxiliary materials used and to take the necessary measures,
- to identify the hazards in our processes, to assess the risks and opportunity, to plan and implement the necessary measures in order to eliminate the risks or mitigate their potential effects, to allocate the necessary resources, to be prepared for fire and emergency cases, to make the necessary investigations and improvements after the potential accident and authorize all our employees to stop the operation in any unsafe situations,
- to ensure continual improvement by providing a common point of view in compliance with our Health, Safety and Environmental requirements at every level of the organization and to create a sustainable Health, Safety and Environmental culture, setting common goals, ensuring access all our employees to key performance indicator and participation with employee representatives,
- to provide the training opportunity at every level from the employees to the management, visitors, interns, our subcontractors, from the suppliers to the customers in order to ensure all processes and continual development within the scope of the management system,
- to be a leader in the adoption of new technologies, to select alternative materials, to use the natural resources at minimum level,
- to minimize the environmental emissions arising from our products, services and operations, to ensure maximum recycling by sorting the wastes at source, to take the necessary measures by observing the biological diversity in our region,
- to be a model with our sensitivity to the environment and the society by always giving priority to the awareness of Corporate Social Responsibility, considering all environmental impacts from design to product disposal stage, taking into account stakeholder views. to take measures by taking into account all environmental effects from the design to the disposal of the product and to raise the awareness of all of our employees including the management.
Occupational Safety And Health Practices
In ASAŞ factory, there are two full-time workplace physicians, a health officer in all shifts, a workplace health unit (infirmary), where this personnel serves and which is equipped above the legal requirements, and a fully-equipped patient transfer ambulance. The activities such as recruitment and periodic examinations of the personnel, working environments and exposure measurements of individuals, hygiene measurements etc. are carried out in this regard.
Fire Safety Practices
In ASAŞ factory, there are a fire safety expert, a HSE field team that consists of two firefighters, one of whom is shift supervisor and the other is assistant in each shift, and a firefighting truck that serves the entire factory. This team is trained and equipped to make intervention in case of emergencies. The team conducts periodic controls and maintenance to ensure that all emergency response equipment of the factory is ready and in operating conditions in case of need except for emergencies. This team also gives permission to conduct operations in the site, checks if the operations are conducted according to the rules indicated in the permission and also manages and executes the emergency drills done in the factory.
Environmental and Waste Management Practices
Environmental impact assessment of all sites under the management system, in-site classification and collection of wastes, management of wastes and control of the operation of waste water plants in accordance with laws are among the activities that are carried out in this regard.